VIP-TECH-JOB aims to empower young visually impaired people (VIP) in their quest to find a job through social media and to prepare them for a job interview via online and face-to-face trainings.
The project’s objectives include:
- to equip young VIP with soft skills necessary for job interviews via online training courses;
- to empower and support young VIP in their quest to find a job via a new app that will be developed during the project;
- to increase awareness of public agencies, unemployment offices and employers that it is possible and highly desirable to make our society more inclusive and supportive of young VIP.
The project’s results:
- Web app for young VIP looking for a job, to have an easier access to job advertisements and to support matchmaking between young VIP and companies;
- On-line training platform, to provide visually impaired job seekers with the basic knowledge and concepts required to apply for a job or internship.
The project’s final conference was held at the European Parliament in Brussels, Belgium, sponsored by MEP Dragoș Pîslaru.